Deployment Support and Sustainment Engineer
March 1, 2022
A Deployment Support and Sustainment Engineer will help develop tools and scalable processes for deployments of our sensing devices. Reporting to the Vice President, Manufacturing and Deployment, this unique position within a growing venture is suited for a confident hands-on self-starter. You will be working to transition tools and processes from our product development teams to repeatable deployment procedures. You will be tasked with defining requirements and test plans to qualify our installations. You will play a key role in the development of processes, tools, and procedures needed to ensure the on-going health of our networks of sensors. Your expertise and ideas will matter! The successful candidate will be on the ground floor of an opportunity in an organization that has tremendous potential.
As a Deployment Support and Sustainment Engineer, you can expect to support deployments by…
- Developing & releasing tools, troubleshooting techniques, test plans, requirements, develop SOPs and technical documentation to be used by 3rd party installers.
- Developing an Installation Qualification (IQ) processes to ensure optimal site selection and network performance.
- Defining requirements and test plans to determine acceptance criteria for sensor emplacements
- RF Survey Requirements and Pass/Fall Criteria
- Modeling Geographic Network of Sensors to ensure optimal coverage area is achieved
- Installation/Site acceptance test requirements and pass/fail criteria
- Participating in the development of a Quality Management Process to ensure 3rd party installers and partners meet established standards
Play a vital role in evolving company policies and procedures related to the Sustainment of our Sensor Networks:
- Monitoring the health of existing sensor installations (updates, upgrades, service strategy, etc.) through development of processes, tools, and SOPs
- Collect and triage all health monitoring data
- Develop maintenance plans for hardware and software
- Root cause analysis of in-service problems
- Deficiency Reporting
- Provide feedback and support development of design changes to resolve operational issues identified in health monitoring processes
- Defining criteria and provide input into Repair vs. Upgrade vs Retirement decisions of assets
Help in continuing to build a great organization:
- Contribute to sustaining an environment of trust and productivity
- Help develop, implement, and support short and long-term operational strategies and software
A successful candidate will have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Systems Engineering or a related discipline and/or experience in Deployments and Sustaining Systems)
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail for all work products
- Ability to handle a dynamic work environment with a great multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to foster and maintain positive internal and external relationships
- 5+ years’ experience with evidence of experience in Deploying Complex Systems
- A team focused mentality with interest in positive results
- Up to 25% travel
- Salary requirements included with application submission
Hidden Level Benefits
- Flexible Work from Home or Hybrid arrangements
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Potential Stock Options Package
- Flexible Time Off
- Health Care package including Dental, Medical, and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Junior Mechanical Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NYContribute to the development of new and existing mechanical solutions for advanced sensor systems.
- Mechanical Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NYDesign new and improve existing mechanical solutions for advanced sensor systems.
- Software Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteHelp us accelerate product development of both cloud-based and embedded software systems.
- FPGA Design Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NYDesign and develop digital logic solutions and architectures for cutting-edge sensor and communication systems.
- Manufacturing/ Production Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NYThis position is responsible for maintaining manufacturability of existing design support of released product and assisting with the transition of new products from engineering to production.
- Systems Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteApply your skills to support the design and improvement of advanced sensor systems to achieve the company mission of Safety Through Sensing™
- What We Look For Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteFinding talented individuals to help Hidden Level provide Safety Through Sensing is our top priority.