Senior Software Engineer
October 28, 2021
Syracuse, NY or Remote
A Senior Software Engineer at Hidden Level will use their expertise to mature and improve the architecture and capabilities of our cloud-based software systems.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you can expect to…
Work in a motivated, cross disciplinary team environment:
- Work in a dedicated team passionate about solving challenging problems and delivering results
- Collaborate with Business Development, Software, and Systems engineers to advance product capabilities
- Participate in collaborative design and code reviews
- Mature an existing cloud-based solution into a highly available and fault tolerant multi-cloud data architecture
Lead the design and development of software architectures used to operate, maintain, and provide data from distributed sensor networks:
- Implement software components to advance the capabilities, robustness, and features provided to customers
- Provide full-stack development solutions for customer facing APIs and web applications
- Help develop high throughput / high availability data processing systems
- Maintain and improve existing software
Work within and improve our existing software development best practices:
- Document and clearly communicate designs and procedures to peers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Mentor junior developers
- Test and validate designs to ensure proper and bug free operation
A successful candidate may have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or a bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with strong programming background
- 10+ years industry experience
- Programming experience with
- Experience deploying and maintaining software on cloud computing platforms
- AWS and Azure preferred
- Working knowledge of
- Linux-based operating systems
- IP based network architecture and protocols
- Provisioning tools
- Such as Terraform, Pulmini, CloudFormation etc.
- Configuration management tools
- Such as Salt Stack, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Containerization such as Docker
- Orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and overcome technical challenges
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ability and desire to lead a development team in the implementation of key product features.
Hidden Level Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible work environment that supports full remote, in-office, and hybrid preferences.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Potential stock options package
- Health coverage
- Senior Hardware/Electrical Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NYLead the design of custom hardware and firmware for cutting-edge sensor and communication systems.
- Software Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteHelp us accelerate product development, production, and deployment of our state of the art sensor network
- What We Look For Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteFinding talented individuals to help Hidden Level provide Safety Through Sensing is our top priority.