Information Systems Security Engineer
January 11, 2022
An Information Systems Security Engineer at Hidden Level will have broad responsibilities and use their skills, cyber security expertise, and latest tools and technologies to create and maintain a secure and functional IT and information security infrastructure from the ground-up.
In this role, you can expect to…
Take administrative responsibility for the configuration, maintenance, and operation of computer systems and servers:
- Implement and administer a computer and server configuration and management solution and develop associated processes
- Purchase, configure, install, and manage desktop and laptop computers, servers, networks, and other critical components
- Determine and implement appropriate group policies to manage access, system updates, anti-virus and threat management solutions, and more
- Evaluate and deploy Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management solutions
Act as a Cyber and Information Security Analyst to protect IT infrastructure and intellectual property from threats:
- Stay current and provide situational awareness on the threat landscape and the techniques, tactics and procedures associated with specific threats
- Perform security risk assessments relative to current threats and recommend changes to procedures and systems in response
- Implement the modifications and upgrades to infrastructure, policies, and solutions needed to adapt to existing and emerging security risks
- Collaborate with Engineering, DevOps, and other stakeholders on the security and best practices for cloud-based systems and their access controls
Work in a motivated, cross-disciplinary team environment:
- Be a part of a small, dedicated team passionate about solving challenging problems and delivering results
- Collaborate and work with all members of the company to find solutions that meet the needs of everyone
- Report directly to the CFO and play a major role in the growth and security of the company
- Develop and author IT and security policies and procedures to enable all aspects of the business
- Help guide sensible IT decisions by working with management and teammates to create an environment of trust and productivity
A successful candidate may have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or applicable technology or engineering degree
- 10+ years related professional experience including hands-on system administration, cyber and information security analysis, and network administration experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and overcome technical challenges through teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, coupled with the ability to listen, question, and understand stakeholder needs
- Deep knowledge of IT best practices, industry standards, policies, and regulations
- A keen attention to detail and great project management skills, including organization, planning, time management and prioritization
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and group policy creation and management
- Familiarity or experience with NIST standards and certification
- Experience with or the drive to learn:
- Certification programs such as FedRAMP, SOC-2, and similar
- US export regulations
- Cloud-based servers and solutions and their security strengths and weaknesses
Hidden Level Benefits:
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Potential Stock Options Package
- Health Care Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Please Note: The United States Government has limited access to Hidden Levels’ technology. Non-United States’ citizens who do not hold a Green Card cannot be granted access to certain technology. As a result, only United States citizens and non-United States citizens holding a Green Card can be considered for this position due to this national security designation *
- Software Engineer – Embedded Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteHelp us accelerate product development of high performance, embedded software systems.
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteMature and evolve the development of our high performance, embedded software systems.
- Software Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteHelp us accelerate product development of our cloud-based software products.
- Senior Software Engineer Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteUse your expertise to mature and evolve the architecture and capabilities of our cloud-based software systems.
- Deployment Field Technician Read MoreSyracuse, NYMaintain and accelerate deployment of Hidden Level’s low-altitude airspace monitoring service’s infrastructure
- What We Look For Read MoreSyracuse, NY or RemoteFinding talented individuals to help Hidden Level provide Safety Through Sensing is our top priority.